Why We Exist
WordsLiive has developed a first-of-kind ‘Real time Culturally Responsive’ technology to augment our programming! We believe our students are effectively communicating sophisticated ideas through multiple communication forms everyday. Therefore, we see no justifiable reason for students to be deficient in literacy!
How We Work
Words Liive is a 21st century education service company that developed Contemporary Grammar Integration, (CGI). CGI is a new approach to literacy that evaluates contemporary languages such as:
- 1) The Lyrics of Urban Music
- 2) Code/ Computer Programming Languages
- 3) Social Media text
- 4) Text message language
Our systemic process integrates these contemporary languages into traditional classroom literature such as novels, speeches, essays, plays, and poems for enhanced literacy.
The CGI process is ideal for English, History, Social Studies, and Technology curricula.
The WordsLiive team is piloting our brand new application that allows teachers, in just FIVE clicks, to integrate music into their classroom lessons to respond, culturally, to students. Our products are designed to address the pedagogic delivery needs of both teachers and students. Our clients are:
What We Do For You
The WordsLiive team is piloting our brand new application that allows teachers, in just FIVE clicks, to integrate music into their classroom lessons to respond, culturally, to students. Our products are designed to address the pedagogic delivery needs of both teachers and students.
Our clients are:
As American students continue to fall behind foreign peers, 40 states and Washington, D.C. have adopted the Common Core State Standards, but we advocate a complete public S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) education
% of 8th Graders in U.S.
The Illiteracy Crisis and Common Core
“Across the country, 64 percent of eighth graders DO NOT meet grade level expectations in reading. And according to reports, the average reading level of teens in grades 9-12 is 5.3 — barely above the fifth grade.”
- “Our school was captivated and over 600 students were engaged and responding in collective annotation of Beowulf and Kendrick Lamar’s songs.” – Principal Foy, The Eagle Academy For Young Men....
- “Considering the new Common Core focus on digital media in the classroom, Words Liive is an invaluable resource to incorporate in our classrooms.” – Nicole Cho, PG County, MD...
- “Presenting to an academically and ethnically diverse group of students, Words Liive proved able to transcend cultural and achievement gaps to make literature relevant and interesting.” – Fulton Vinson, Academic...